Date(s) - 06/01/2018 - 07/31/2018
12:00 am - 8:00 pm
INW-SCBWI is due for a new logo and who better than the talented INW-SCBWI members to create it.
WINNING CREATOR RECEIVES:
- $90 towards the critique sessions with Art Director Melissa Nelson Greenberg (Cameron + Co) at the upcoming INW-SCBWI fall retreat.
- Social media FEATURE on INW-SCBWI Instagram.
- Social media blast on INW-SCBWI Twitter and Facebook.
- Acknowledgment at our Fall Retreat.
- Bragging rights. Lots! And the gratitude of the whole INW chapter.
- Any current INW-SCBWI member can enter. One entry per member, please.
- You must be the sole creator of your design.
- The design MUST represent both young and older children’s books.
- Should your logo be selected, you hereby give INW-SCBWI copyright permission to use your design without limit on all INW-SCBWI related materials, both print and digital for perpetuity.
Logo must include: SCBWI Inland Northwest (Google “SCBWI logo” images for ideas from other regions)
Color: Any colors are welcome — just be sure your entry looks good in RGB (computer/web) and CMYK (color print) as well as converted to greyscale/black and white (i.e. Xerox)
File size: Artwork should be created at good print resolution, either as a vector (Adobe Illustrator) file or high quality rasterized (Jpeg) no smaller than 10 inches on the longest side, 300 dpi. Make sure your text is readable and the design is discernible at smaller sizes.
Winner will be asked to provide all high-resolution files.
Submission format: Smaller digital files are required for judging. RGB jpeg format, approximately 1,500 pixels on the longest side — which is around 4.5 inches at 300dpi. Please create/scan all artwork high-quality resolution. Your image can be shrunk down later, but it CANNOT be blown up from a low-res image (esp. 72dpi web quality)
For more info on creating hi-res artwork:
Name your entry: Last name_First name-INW-Logo.jpeg
Send entries and/or questions to: Illustrator Coordinator, Kyle Cossairt at email@example.com.
Contest runs from: June 1, 2018 – July 31, 2018.
Entries due: July 31, 2018, by 8:00 p.m. PDT. Receipt will be acknowledged by Kyle.
Judging: Entries will be compiled and made anonymous. The top designs will be chosen by the INW SCBWI team — Mary Farrell and Rachel Hamby. Once chosen, the designs will be posted on the INW-SCBWI site for INW Member voting.
Winner will be announced: August 18.
Happy creating and good luck.